Friday, January 27, 2012

Hottest 100 Beers of 2011

The Local TapHouse have revealed the Hottest 100 Beers of 2011, as voted by the dedicated drinkers.

Stone & Wood came in top place with their Pacific Ale - a wonderful beer that uses the new varietal Galaxy hops, to impart passion fruit and citrus flavours to a beer that encapsulates Australia by the sea during summer.

I was happy to see some of my favourites feature in the list with Hop Hog sitting at number 3, Murray's Icon 2IPA at number 12 and Matilda Bay's Alpha Pale Ale scrapping in at 93. I am disappointed that my favourite of 2011, the Two Metre Tall Forester Ale didn't even get a look in, but I imagine that would be remedied by more aggressive marketing by the company, or even just wider distribution. It's a beer that certainly deserves a bigger audience than it currently gets.

So that is it for 2011. This year, we have the best of American Brewers on Tap to look forward to at the Local Taphouse in February, and the amazing SpecTAPular in May. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment