Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Victory Hop Devil Indian Pale Ale



The Victory Hop Devil IPA is a heavily-hopped American style Indian Pale Ale. It is described as having a dried fruit, roast grains and hoppy nose, with a dry and hoppy palate. It is guaranteed my wife will hate this.


The Boil



Gravity: Original Gravity: 1.065 (target 1.076) Final Gravity: 1.010 (target 1.018) ABV: 7.7% (target 6.3%)

Yield: 11.5 litres
Brew method: All-grain with US batch sparging.

Notes: I only managed to get 12 bottles out of this batch. I understand where I went wrong; foolishly, I assumed my water requirements would be the same as the previous batch without recalculating. The result was I didn't have enough. I also need to factor in more liquid for that lost during dry-hopping. We live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment